Reliance confirms MA field shut down due to natural decline

first_imgIndia’s oil company Reliance Industries has confirmed that the MA field ceased production on September 17, 2018, due to natural decline.This was first revealed earlier this week by Ocean Yield, the owner of the FPSO Dhirubhai-1 which had operated on the field. Reliance had the option to buy the FPSO following the expiry of a ten-year contract but decided not to exercise it. The contract expired on Wednesday, September 19, 2018.The MA field located off the East Coast of India in Block KG-DWN-98/3 (KGD6) is operated by Reliance with a 60% interest. Its partners are BP with a 30% interest and Niko Resources with the remaining 10% interest.Confirming the cessation of production from the MA field, Reliance said on Friday that post-cessation activities related to the field shutdown are underway.According to the Indian company, production from the field had been under natural decline and facing continuous challenges due to high water production and sand ingress. The field has cumulatively produced about 0.53 TCF of Gas and 31.4 Million Barrel of Oil & Condensate and had no remaining reserves.For the fist quarter of FY19, MA field contributed less than 0.1% in terms of revenue at Reliance consolidated level, the oil company said.The Dhirubhai – 26 (D26), oil, gas and condensate deep water discovery was made in 2006. The discovery was developed and put on production in September 2008. This was India’s first deep water development (water depth up to 1,250 meters), with seven wells tied back through a subsea production system to a purpose built, state of the art disconnectable turret moored FPSO production unit.Reliance also said that relevant governmental agencies have already been informed.When it comes to the FPSO’s future and employment opportunity outside India, Ocean Yield said earlier this week it had been awarded a Front End Engineering Design (FEED) study for the potential use of the FPSO. The study is estimated to be completed during 4Q 2018.Meanwhile, Ocean Yield will consider recording an impairment related to the FPSO in 3Q 2018 between $0-50 million.Offshore Energy Today Stafflast_img read more

Opposition Leader questions a decision to award Dominican citizenship to Chanderpaul

first_img Tweet 6 Views   no discussions LocalNews Opposition Leader questions a decision to award Dominican citizenship to Chanderpaul by: – July 14, 2011 Sharing is caring! Sharecenter_img Share Oppositon Leader, Hon. Hector John. Photo credit:uwpdm.comThe Opposition Leader, Honourable Hector John has criticized a decision by Prime Minister Roosevelt Skerrit to bestow citizenship upon prominent West Indian cricketer Shivnerine Chanderpaul.It was announced at the Windsor Park Stadium on Sunday that Chanderpaul would be made a citizen of Dominica this week following his record in test matches.But John claims that Prime Minister Skerrit’s announcement was reckless and in contempt of the other members of Cabinet.“This should be done properly. Someone must apply before they are given citizenship. You are not just looking at Chanderpaul; you are also looking at his family as well. This is showmanship and he acted on impulse,” he said.He said Prime Minister Skerrit was also attempting to cover-up the criticism he was receiving for not being at the Windsor Park Stadium.“He wasn’t at the Windsor Park during the official opening, he wasn’t there during the first one day against Bangladesh and during the first few days of the historic test match,”. John said.“This shows how he runs the country. You have a team you must consult with in terms of making decision for and behalf of the country. This shows that he runs the affairs as if it were a one man government, a one man cabinet…” he said.Dominica Vibes News Sharelast_img read more