Labour isn’t working out how the land market works

first_imgTo access this article REGISTER NOWWould you like print copies, app and digital replica access too? SUBSCRIBE for as little as £5 per week. Would you like to read more?Register for free to finish this article.Sign up now for the following benefits:Four FREE articles of your choice per monthBreaking news, comment and analysis from industry experts as it happensChoose from our portfolio of email newsletterslast_img

Coming clean

first_imgWould you like to read more?Register for free to finish this article.Sign up now for the following benefits:Four FREE articles of your choice per monthBreaking news, comment and analysis from industry experts as it happensChoose from our portfolio of email newsletters To access this article REGISTER NOWWould you like print copies, app and digital replica access too? SUBSCRIBE for as little as £5 per week.last_img

Making guarantees to young pension participants ‘unaffordable’ – DNB

first_imgDuring the interview, Knot suggested that offering fewer guarantees could “create space” for pension funds to increase investment risk.“If they promised less certainty, pension funds could increase their investment risk and be more likely to deliver better returns,” he said.He said pension funds should be given “leeway” for just such an investment policy, adding that a guarantee should be given only to older participants “who need to know what they can expect at retirement age”.The regulator’s recognition of the problems facing the Dutch pension system echoed similar statements made recently by Gerard Riemen, head of the Dutch Pensions Federation.Last week, Riemen advocated a new collective defined contribution (CDC) system and argued that an “indication” about a future pension level should replace the current defined benefit promise of a “certain” pension.“We should tell a 55 year old how much his currently accrued pensions assets are likely to deliver in future benefits,” he said.“However, the honest answer to a 35 year old should be that we can’t properly estimate the future pension yet.” Klaas Knot, president at the Dutch financial regulator (DNB), has conceded that the country’s pensions funds can no longer guarantee younger participants their future pensions.Speaking on the ‘Buitenhof’ TV programme over the weekend, Knot concluded that guarantees should be limited to older participants.“Offering guarantees to a participant who has just started paying contributions is over the top,” he said.“Due to the huge cost of providing certainty, [in light of] low interest rates and an ageing population, we simply can no longer afford this.”last_img read more

Reliance confirms MA field shut down due to natural decline

first_imgIndia’s oil company Reliance Industries has confirmed that the MA field ceased production on September 17, 2018, due to natural decline.This was first revealed earlier this week by Ocean Yield, the owner of the FPSO Dhirubhai-1 which had operated on the field. Reliance had the option to buy the FPSO following the expiry of a ten-year contract but decided not to exercise it. The contract expired on Wednesday, September 19, 2018.The MA field located off the East Coast of India in Block KG-DWN-98/3 (KGD6) is operated by Reliance with a 60% interest. Its partners are BP with a 30% interest and Niko Resources with the remaining 10% interest.Confirming the cessation of production from the MA field, Reliance said on Friday that post-cessation activities related to the field shutdown are underway.According to the Indian company, production from the field had been under natural decline and facing continuous challenges due to high water production and sand ingress. The field has cumulatively produced about 0.53 TCF of Gas and 31.4 Million Barrel of Oil & Condensate and had no remaining reserves.For the fist quarter of FY19, MA field contributed less than 0.1% in terms of revenue at Reliance consolidated level, the oil company said.The Dhirubhai – 26 (D26), oil, gas and condensate deep water discovery was made in 2006. The discovery was developed and put on production in September 2008. This was India’s first deep water development (water depth up to 1,250 meters), with seven wells tied back through a subsea production system to a purpose built, state of the art disconnectable turret moored FPSO production unit.Reliance also said that relevant governmental agencies have already been informed.When it comes to the FPSO’s future and employment opportunity outside India, Ocean Yield said earlier this week it had been awarded a Front End Engineering Design (FEED) study for the potential use of the FPSO. The study is estimated to be completed during 4Q 2018.Meanwhile, Ocean Yield will consider recording an impairment related to the FPSO in 3Q 2018 between $0-50 million.Offshore Energy Today Stafflast_img read more

Tokyo governor says cancelling Olympics ‘unthinkable’

first_img Read Also: Champions League: Barcelona vs Napoli could be postponed “The coronavirus has become a global problem. We can’t just hold it (the Olympics) because Japan is OK,” he told the daily on Wednesday. Takahashi said the summer two years from now “offers the best possibility” for a postponement, given the international sporting calendar, adding that “preparation must start now” if a delay is on the cards. He insisted that it would be “impossible” to cancel the Games altogether, and said he was speaking out as “a warning bell” for the organising committee, adding that he would raise the issue at a board meeting later this month. FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 The torch is due to arrive in Japan on March 20 but the arrival ceremony has also been downscaled, with some 200 children originally scheduled to attend now expected to miss it. Olympic qualifying tournaments in several different sports have also been cancelled, postponed or moved to different countries. Tokyo 2020 president Yoshiro Mori said on Wednesday that the Games would go ahead as scheduled although he admitted organisers are “concerned” about the virus, which has infected 124,000 people with 4,500 deaths. Mori made the comments after a member of the organisers’ executive board sounded the alarm, warning postponing the Games for two years might be the best option under the circumstances. But Mori dismissed that option, as did Japanese Olympic minister Seiko Hashimoto, who told a parliament committee that postponing or cancelling the Games was “inconceivable”. Executive board member Haruyuki Takahashi had told Japan’s Asahi Shimbun daily it would be ideal to hold the Olympics as planned but “there has to be an alternative plan”. Cancelling the 2020 Olympics is “unthinkable” although the classification of the coronavirus as a pandemic will likely have some impact on the Games, the Tokyo city governor said on Thursday. There are increasing doubts over whether the Games can be held “It can’t be said that the announcement of a pandemic would have no impact… But I think cancellation is unthinkable,” Yuriko Koike told reporters. Doubts are increasingly being raised over whether the Olympics can be held as scheduled from July 24 to August 9. Organisers have insisted the Games will go ahead as planned and the International Olympic Committee (IOC), with whom the final decision rests, has said there has not yet been any talk of cancellation or postponement. The IOC has said it will coordinate closely with the World Health Organization, which has now officially classified the outbreak as a pandemic. Koike vowed to work with the IOC and Tokyo 2020 organisers on what she described as a “global issue”, promising to devote her “utmost efforts” to holding the Games. But coronavirus has already taken a huge toll on sport across the globe with a long list of competitions affected. US basketball was the latest sport to be hit, as the NBA said it would suspend the season starting on Thursday after a preliminary test on a Utah Jazz player came back positive for COVID-19. In Italy, the hardest-hit European country, all sporting events including Serie A football have been suspended until April 3. Arsenal’s game at Manchester City on Wednesday was the first Premier League football fixture to be called off, while Champions League matches have been played behind closed doors and Indian Wells, one of the biggest events of the tennis season, was cancelled. – ‘Global problem’ – Coronavirus has already had some impact on the Games, as the traditional flame-lighting ceremony in Olympia, Greece, is expected to be held without spectators after dozens tested positive for the virus nearby. Loading… Promoted ContentFantastic-Looking (and Probably Delicious) Bread ArtWho Is The Most Powerful Woman On Earth?8 Best 1980s High Tech Gadgets8 Superfoods For Growing Hair Back And Stimulating Its GrowthBest Car Manufacturers In The WorldWho Earns More Than Ronaldo?9 Best Movie Robots Of All Time2020 Tattoo Trends: Here’s What You’ll See This Year5 Of The World’s Most Unique Theme ParksThe Models Of Paintings Whom The Artists Were Madly In Love WithDid You Notice How Natural Simba’s Movements Looked In The Movie?6 Extreme Facts About Hurricaneslast_img read more

Kay wins Iron Man on opening night of Liberty 100

first_imgWEST LIBERTY, Iowa (Sept. 4) – Justin Kay proved up to the challenge on opening night of the Liberty 100 Weekend at West Liberty Raceway.Kay led the last 12 laps in winning Friday’s Ideal Ready Mix Iron Man Challenge, open to all Deery Brothers Summer Series drivers with perfect attendance this season and all former IMCA Late Model tour champions.The victory paid $1,000.Darrel DeFrance led the first two of 20 circuits from the pole. Joe Zrostlik led lap three, then Jeff Aikey enjoyed the view from the front for four trips around the track before the seventh starting Kay sped by.Aikey, Tyler Droste, Ray Guss Jr.  and Zrostlik completed the top five.Winners of eight heats are in the redraw for the Saturday, Sept. 5 $3,000 to win Deery main event.Kevin Kile, Denny Eckrich, series point leader Kay and Tyler Bruening won the first four heats. Fields were then inverted and John Emerson, Droste, Nick Marolf and Aikey prevailed in heats five through eight.“B” races on Saturday plus provisionals will complete the starting grid. A second 50-lap feature for the regular Deery purse, but no points, plus features for Xtreme Motor Sports IMCA Modifieds, IMCA Sunoco Stock Cars, Karl Chevrolet Northern SportMods and Mach-1 Sport Compacts are also on tomorrow night’s card.Drivers who finished on the lead lap of the first Late Model feature will be inverted to determine starting positions for the second.Pit gates open at 2:30 p.m., the grandstand opens at 4 p.m. and racing follows 6 p.m. hot laps.Spectator admission is $25 for adults and $20 for students ages 13-18. Kids 12 and under get in free when accompanying a paid adult and pit passes are $30.Iron Man Challenge results – 1. Justin Kay, Wheatland; 2. Jeff Aikey, Cedar Falls; 3. Tyler Droste, Waterloo; 4. Ray Guss Jr., Milan, Ill.; 5. Joe Zrostlik, Long Grove; 6. Scott Fitzpatrick, Wheatland; 7. Brian Harris, Davenport; 8. Andy Nezworski, Buffalo; 9. Darrel DeFrance, Marshalltown; 10. Joel Callahan, Dubuque; 11. Todd Malmstrom, Silvis, Ill.; 12. Jay Johnson, West Burlington; 13. Gary Webb, Blue Grass; 14. Ryan Dolan, Lisbon.last_img read more

Eric Tomlinson

first_imgEric TomlinsonEric Tomlinson will look to regain the momentum be brought from Texas to Super Nationals when Modified qualifying resumes tonight.The Waco hotshoe capped off his run to the Heart O’ Texas track title with the win on champion­ship night at his hometown track.“We let a good race get away (on Wednesday) when we pulled off after half a lap after starting outside front row,” he said. “But we have more chances.”Tomlinson won three times at HO’T, racing with the likes of long-time friend Kevin Green and for­mer national champion William Gould, and topped three of his four starts at Cotton Bowl Speed­way. He’s raced a Modified since 2009 and won a “B” feature in his first visit to Boone last year.“I like the atmosphere and the people here. This is truly a racing vacation,” he said. “Ideally, we want to win Super Nationals. We don’t go anywhere to run second, but making the show here is an impressive feat in its own.”last_img read more

Tyla Lynn Hankins

first_imgTyla Lynn Hankins, age 24, of Florence, Kentucky, formerly of Vevay, Indiana, entered this life on November 18, 1994, in Dearborn County, Indiana. She was the loving daughter of David Troy Hankins and Tricia Lynn Obertate. She was raised in Vevay, Indiana where she was a 2013 graduate of the Switzerland County High School. Tyla was employed as a call representative for Citi Bank in Florence, Kentucky for one year. She attended the Switzerland Baptist Church in Vevay, Indiana. Tyla loved spending time with her loving family and friends. Tyla passed away at 3:55 a.m., Tuesday, October 22, 2019, at the University of Cincinnati Hospital in Cincinnati, Ohio.Tyla will be missed by her loving mother, Tricia Lynn Obertate of Butlerville, IN; her loving father, David Troy Hankins of Vevay, IN; her fiancé, Tyler Sammons and his son, Beckett of Florence, KY; her brothers, David Jerald Hankins of Vevay, IN and Gary Dean Hill III of Aurora, IN; her nephew, Daxton Hankins of Aurora, IN; her paternal-grandmother, Marcell (Bolton) Hankins of Vevay, IN; her maternal-grandparents, Edmond and Brenda (Emery) Drury of Dillsboro, IN and Jerald Obertate of Rising Sun, IN; her uncle and aunt, Cory J. Hankins and Karrie Rayles; her great-aunts and great-uncles, Gary and Judy Copeland of Rising Sun, IN, Wayne and Sandy Ellegood of Vevay, IN and Tammy Works of North Vernon, IN and her numerous cousins and friends.She was preceded in death by her paternal-grandfather, David John Hankins; her paternal-great-grandparents, Paul David and Pearl Margaret Gwendolene (Lawes) Hankins and her maternal-grandparents, Frank and Mary Obertate.Funeral services will be conducted Saturday, October 26, 2019, at 11:00 a.m., by Rev. Mike Jones at the Haskell & Morrison Funeral Home, 208 Ferry Street, Vevay, Indiana 47043.Interment will follow in the Vevay Cemetery, Vevay, Indiana.Friends may call 3:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m., Friday, October 25, 2019, at the Haskell & Morrison Funeral Home, 208 Ferry Street, Vevay, Indiana 47043.Memorial contributions may be made to Tyla Lynn Hankins Memorial Fund c/o Haskell & Morrison Funeral Home. Cards are available at the funeral home or online at www.haskellandmorrison.comlast_img read more

Ivy Tech Foundation awarded $2,500 from REMC Operation Program

first_imgLawrenceburg, IN—Ivy Tech Community College’s Lawrenceburg Nursing department, in conjunction with Aurora Elementary, will be hosting a Remote Area Medical (RAM) event in Aurora, Ind. on June 13-14 to provide dental, vision, and medical care to the community. Along with the care being provided, there will also be information booths offering free information and education about food, medical, and other needed community resources.Remote Area Medical is a major non-profit provider of free mobile clinics. Their mission is to prevent pain and alleviate suffering by providing free, quality healthcare to those in need via their free mobile clinic program. Since its founding in 1985, RAM’s Corps of more than 135,000 licensed dental, vision, medical and veterinary professionals’ volunteers, more than 785,000 individuals, and 68,000 animals worth $135 million of free care.The southeastern Indiana REMC operation roundup program awarded the Ivy Tech Foundation $2,500 for the RAM clinic to purchase t-shirts, water, training of volunteers, and more. The grant money is made possible through the generosity of the REMC membership by ‘rounding up’ their monthly electric bill to the nearest dollar amount.This event will give the students at Ivy Tech the opportunity to have hands-on experience with a diverse population of patients. Service-learning through experiential and meaningful community outreach is key to developing empathetic, compassionate, and conscientious healthcare leaders for tomorrow.last_img read more

Liverpool linked with Gomez

first_imgLiverpool are weighing up a bid for Charlton teenager Joe Gomez as a replacement for the soon-to-be-offloaded Sebastian Coates. Press Association With Sunderland seemingly set to pay £4million to make Coates’ loan last season into a permanent deal, the Reds are on the lookout for cover at centre-back. Press Association Sport understands Gomez, aged 18, is of interest and while no formal offer has yet been made, the club believe there is a possibility of signing the England Under-19 defender for about £3.5m. Reports suggest City will return with an improved bid of £40m and while even that falls at least £10m short of Liverpool’s valuation they are not of the mindset to sell the 20-year-old England forward. They have adopted a similar robust stance to when Arsenal tried to lure Luis Suarez away with a cheeky £40m plus £1 bid in 2013 as Sterling still has two years left on his contract, despite his apparent unhappiness. Meanwhile, the search continues to replace Rodgers’ backroom staff after assistant manager Colin Pascoe was sacked and coach Mike Marsh did not have his contract renewed. No appointments are imminent but with pre-season just three weeks away the process is expected to advance in the next fortnight. Liverpool have announced they will play Finnish champions HJK Helsinki in Finland in their final pre-season friendly on August 1. The Reds begin their summer schedule against a Thai All-Stars team in Bangkok on July 14, heading to Australia for matches against Brisbane Roar and Adelaide United before stopping off in Kuala Lumpur to play a Malaysia XI on July 24. Renovation work to Anfield’s Main Stand, which has led to the club asking for their first match of the new season to be played away, has prevented any home friendlies this year. Liverpool currently have four senior central defenders in Martin Skrtel, Mamadou Sakho, last summer’s £20m arrival Dejan Lovren and Kolo Toure. Skrtel, who is out of contract in a year’s time, is stalling over the terms of a new deal offered towards the end of last season while the 34-year-old Toure, whose new 12-month extension takes him to next summer, is not a long-term option. Liverpool also have Tiago Ilori, a 22-year-old signed from Sporting Lisbon in 2013 but who has yet to make a first-team appearance and has spent loan spells at Granada and Bordeaux. Gomez, whose breakthrough season in the SkyBet Championship last term saw him make 24 appearances, is viewed as a long-term prospect and – like Ilori – would more than likely be loaned out for more experience. Liverpool are keen to strengthen their defence further with the addition of a right-back after Glen Johnson’s contract was not renewed. With a second knee operation ruling out Jon Flanagan until late in the year, manager Brendan Rodgers’ current options are Spaniard Javier Manquillo, halfway through a two-year loan from Atletico Madrid but who failed to convince last season, and the 22-year-old Andre Wisdom, who has spent the previous two campaigns on loan at Derby and West Brom and has just signed a new four-year deal. A £10m bid for Southampton’s England right-back Nathaniel Clyne was rejected late last month and as yet Liverpool have not returned with an improved offer, although the 24-year-old remains their main target for that position. In terms of outgoings the club remain insistent Raheem Sterling, who turned down a £100,000-a-week contract in January, is not for sale after turning down a £30m offer from Manchester City last week. last_img read more