Coordinating Economic Minister Airlangga Hartarto said in November last year that the government planned to change the existing negative investment list (DNI) into a positive investment list. The positive list will promote priority industries that are open to both foreign and domestic investments, such as import-substitution or export-oriented industries.Read also: Government to replace negative investment list with ‘positive list’ for priority industriesAt the time, the DNI contained a list of banned or limited foreign investment in certain business sectors to protect local companies. He also said in November that he expected the Perpres to be issued this year.The government is struggling to attract more investment into the country to help jack up sluggish economic growth. Indonesia’s economy grew 5.02 percent last year, the weakest since 2015, as investment and export cooled. Bahlil said on Wednesday that on the positive list, some sectors would still limit foreign ownership. “We want to create a positive image because a negative list sounds less comforting [for investors],” he said. “We are building an image that will help build foreign investors’ trust in us.”Bahlil had met with the Regional Representative Council (DPD) earlier that day to discuss the council’s initiative to formulate a bill that would ease the licensing process and improve coordination between the government and regional administrations.“The bill will lean more toward [tackling] the challenges that investors face on the regional level,” DPD Commission IV chairwoman Elviana said during the meeting in Jakarta.Read also: ‘Robots will replace everyone’: Investment boss changes tune after saying no one would hire womenDespite the government’s efforts to ease the process of doing business, such a reform often does not transmit to regional administrations as the latter require investors to go through different mechanisms to procure local licenses.Elviana said the council would complete the draft by the end of 2020 and aimed to list it in the 2021 National Legislation Program (Prolegnas).After the meeting, Bahlil declined to elaborate his stance on the issue, saying it was up to the lawmakers. Topics : The government plans to issue at the end of this month a new investment list that will outline certain business sectors available for foreign direct investment, a high-ranking official has said.“The plan is to issue the list […] in the form of a Perpres [Presidential regulation] instead of in the omnibus bill,” Investment Coordinating Board (BKPM) head Bahlil Lahadalia said in Jakarta on Wednesday, referring to an omnibus bill on job creation proposed by the government to cut regulatory red tape.“If the Perpres is issued in February, it will take effect in March,” he added, declining to go into detail and revealing only that the list was still being discussed.
Press Release Harrisburg, PA – Today, Governor Tom Wolf announced that R.G. Coating LLC, a hot dip galvanizing company, will construct a new galvanizing facility in Lawrence County. The project is expected to create 65 manufacturing jobs at the site in Pulaski Township.“We’re proud that R.G. has selected Pennsylvania as the best place to grow the business,” said Governor Wolf. “Any time a manufacturer puts down roots here in the commonwealth, it creates family-sustaining jobs, boosts our manufacturing sector, and strengthens our economy.R.G. Coating will construct a new, 50,000-square-foot facility and equip it with state-of-the-art galvanizing equipment. R.G. Coating is a new, sister company to R.G. Steel, which specializes in the fabrication of highway guiderail and safety systems, but currently needs to outsource all of its galvanizing services. The new facility will enable the company to bring the galvanization process in-house so its products can be delivered to market quickly and efficiently, allowing for strong future growth. The facility will be located in Pulaski Township next to the R.G. Steel facility. R.G. Coating plans to invest at least $13.6 million into the project, which is expected to create 65 jobs and retain 25 jobs over the next three years.“As R.G. Steel Corp. is poised for growth, the addition of R.G. Coating will jump start that growth,” said David Price, president of R.G. Steel. “That growth is supported by both the Governor’s Action Team and the Lawrence County Economic Development Corporation, both of whom were instrumental in providing us with the assistance needed to remain in Lawrence County for many years to come. It has been, and will continue to be, a pleasure working with them both.”R.G. Coating received a funding proposal from the Department of Community and Economic Development for a $200,000 Pennsylvania First grant, $130,000 in job creation tax credits to be distributed upon the creation of new jobs, and a $29,250 workforce development grant to help the company train its workers. R.G. Coating was also encouraged to apply for a low-interest $3.25 million loan from the Pennsylvania Industrial Development Authority to assist with building and equipment costs. The project was coordinated by the Governor’s Action Team, an experienced group of economic development professionals who report directly to the governor and work with businesses that are considering locating or expanding in Pennsylvania, with additional coordination provided through the Lawrence County Economic Development Corporation (LCEDC).“Lawrence County continues to be a community that manufacturers call home,” said Linda Nitch, executive director of business development at LCEDC. “R.G.’s decision to expand its operations in Lawrence County by constructing a new galvanizing facility shows the strength of heavy industry in our western Pennsylvania county. Through the efforts of the company, the LCEDC and the Governor’s Action Team, new jobs will be created by R.G. in the coming years. We are proud to partner with R.G. Steel and the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania to make this project a reality.”R.G. Coating and R.G. Steel is a fully integrated guiderail/guardrail products producer and supplier. As a certified steel fabricator, the company is capable of providing a wide variety of products from highway guiderail/guardrail to custom fabricated structural steel that meet meeting federal and state department of transportation specifications.For more information about the Governor’s Action Team, visit dced.pa.gov, and be sure to stay up-to-date with all of our agency news on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn. May 21, 2019 SHARE Email Facebook Twitter Governor Wolf Announces R.G. Coating to Establish New Galvanizing Facility, Creating 65 Manufacturing Jobs in Lawrence County
Wärtsilä has installed its Serck Como Horizontal Tube Evaporator (HiTE) fresh water production system onboard the pipe-laying vessel ‘Lorelay’, owned by Allseas. This is the first commercial installation of the Wärtsilä’s system.The Wärtsilä HiTE is designed to function in a wide range of operational areas, i.e. shallow waters with poor quality seawater, where alternative technologies, such as reverse osmosis or plate technology, reach their limits. The operation of the Wärtsilä HiTE achieves energy savings of 75 percent compared to single stage designs with a specific heat consumption of 200 – 280 kWh per ton, depending on design.“This evaporator produces pure distillate, even in difficult seawater conditions, plus it does so reliably and with low operating costs. The possibility to operate the unit at part load gives it great flexibility to utilize available waste heat. Our engineering team has confirmed that the Wärtsilä HiTE is exceeding our expectations, and that it is completely in line with the technical specifications and the requested maximum allowed energy consumption. The system produces good quality water, and we are extremely happy with the outcome,” explained Taco Straathof, technical inspector, Allseas.The HiTE has the flexibility to operate while the engines are at low load during dynamic positioning (DP) operations. For example, at DP the Lorelay operates at engine loads of between 15 and 35 percent.The system’s automated smart processes adjust according to the amount of energy provided, which is an important factor for vessels with varying engine profiles, the company noted.The Wärtsilä HiTE is suited for a variety of vessel types, including special vessels, chemical tankers, small cruise ships, and for offshore applications.
Georgia State University 29 June 2017Family First Comment: Which is one of a number of reasons why we keep the drug illegal but offer help to deal with the addiction The longer a person uses marijuana, the more the risk increases for developing conditions linked to heart disease, stroke and diabetes, according to a recent study by researchers in the School of Public Health at Georgia State University.“Duration of marijuana use seems to be a significant factor associated with metabolic syndrome,” the researchers said.Metabolic syndrome is a cluster of symptoms that increase a person’s risk for heart disease, stroke and diabetes.The study found that “every year increase in marijuana use is associated with at least a 5 percent increase in odds of having metabolic syndrome.”To examine the relationship between marijuana use and metabolic syndrome, the researchers gathered data on 3,051 adults age 20 and older from the National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey 2011-2012. The survey included subjects who reported using marijuana or hashish even once during their lifetimes. Participants were classified as regular marijuana users if they responded they had used marijuana at least once a month for more than a year. The relationship of their years of marijuana use with metabolic syndrome was assessed in the study using different criteria for defining metabolic syndrome.The study noted that the most common form of marijuana consumption is smoking, but the original survey also included participants who consumed edible marijuana products and hashish. It did not ask participants to specify how they used marijuana.READ MORE: http://news.gsu.edu/2017/06/29/marijuana-increases-risk/?utm_source=press_release&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=marijuana_metabolic
INDIANAPOLIS — State health officials are assuring the public they are ready to respond to health threats such as Ebola and MERS. The announcement comes after the first U.S. Ebola case was confirmed last week in Dallas, Texas.Ebola is a rare viral disease that can cause serious illness and death. The Indiana State Department of Health said responding to Ebola requires a strong public health system, as well as an excellent system of medical care and hospital infection control practices.“Keeping Hoosiers safe and healthy is always our top priority,” said State Health Commissioner William VanNess, M.D. “Our recent experience with MERS was a good demonstration of a rapid and effective public health response to a new and concerning threat. I’m confident that the systems in place will continue to work to keep Hoosiers safe and protected against any new potential health threat.”Although a positive case of Ebola has been identified in the U.S., the virus is not circulating at this time.How Ebola is Spread:People canonly spread Ebola virus when they have symptoms.There is norisk of transmission if someone does not have symptoms.Ebola is only spread through direct contact with blood or body fluids (including but not limited to urine, saliva, feces, vomit and semen) of a person who is sick with Ebola, using needles and syringes that have been contaminated with the virus or contact with infected animals.Ebola is notspread through the air by water or food, or by casual contact.The Indiana State Department of Health and public health partners have procedures in place to identify travelers at risk of Ebola who seek care at Indiana medical facilities.State health officials and partners work with healthcare facilities and the CDC to provide testing, infection control and treatment guidance.All Indiana health care providers are required to report any cases of illness that might pose a risk to public health including Ebola Virus Disease, MERS, measles, rubella, mumps, tuberculosis, pandemic influenza and other diseases.
Jameis Winston of Florida State University has put his name in the upcoming NFL draft. It will be interesting to see just how high he will go in this spring’s draft. After all, the NFL has declared that it is going to do its best to clean up its image. If they draft Winston, this is the baggage he will bring along–he has been arrested for apparent rape, stealing soda from Burger King and crab legs from Publix. Just for good measure, last fall Jameis climbed onto a table in the student union and swore obscenities for all to hear.I would say that whoever drafts Jameis will certainly get a visit from the hierarchy of the NFL. After all, the newspaper people will be all over this story and asking what the NFL will do to ensure that Winston’s behavior is not a distraction. He is likely to be the top draft pick of Tampa Bay, Miami, or Tennessee. The quarterback is undoubtedly good enough for this high draft status, but so far his behavior leaves a lot to be desired.
MesserWASHINGTON, DC — Different names are starting to come up for potential members of Trump’s administration, and 2 Indiana political veteran’s are possibilities for Secretary of Education.National education policy watchers say former Indiana Superintendent of Public Education Tony Bennett and US Representative Luke Messer are possible candidates.Messer is a member of the House Education and Workforce Committee, and is a strong advocate for school choice, and has called for federal poverty aid to schools to be used for choice programs like charters and vouchers.
“Our supporters, the club and every fan can see our team’s delivery in any game.“I believe that today I live my best moment in Paris. We form a family on behalf of the greater objective we have ahead of us. Promoted ContentThe Highest Paid Football Players In The WorldThe Highest Paid Football Players In The World5 Of The World’s Most Unique Theme ParksTop 7 Best Car Manufacturers Of All TimeWho Is The Most Powerful Woman On Earth?2020 Tattoo Trends: Here’s What You’ll See This YearWho’s The Best Car Manufacturer Of All Time?10 Risky Jobs Some Women Do10 Awesome TV Series That Got Cancelled Way Too SoonTop 10 Most Romantic Nations In The WorldThis Guy Photoshopped Himself Into Celeb Pics And It’s Hysterical9 Facts You Should Know Before Getting A Tattoo Loading… FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 Read Also: Fulham players party inside Wembley after securing promotion“We want to mark this season with the Champions. We will fight for this, because we were never so close.”In 2019-20 campaign, Neymar has scored 13 Ligue 1 goals and 19 across all competitions for Thomas Tuchel’s PSG. Neymar believes he is enjoying his best form since joining Ligue 1 champions Paris Saint-Germain.Since arriving from Barcelona in a world-record €222 million transfer in 2017, Neymar has won nine titles and scored 74 goals in 85 appearances across all competitions. Neymar – who has repeatedly been linked with a return to La Liga giants Barca – has already celebrated Ligue 1, Coupe de France, Coupe de la Ligue and Trophee des Champions success in 2019-20 as PSG eye Champions League success this term.“These three years came with a lot of knowledge. I’ve lived times of joy and some complicated ones, especially when I was unable to play due to injuries,” Neymar, whose PSG are preparing for their Champions League quarter-final against Atalanta, said via his official website.”With my teammates’ help, I was able to overcome and focus on what really matters for everyone, which is our performance in the field translated into titles.
Stoke manager Mark Hughes is relishing the prospect of escaping the wretched British weather as he now heads to sunnier climes to plot his side’s bid for Barclays Premier League survival. Hughes and his squad travel to Dubai on Thursday for six days of warm-weather training, leaving behind a weather-battered Britain that is being subjected to heavy rains and high winds. The storm-force gales almost put paid to Stoke’s clash with Swansea at the Britannia Stadium on Wednesday, but subsided enough prior to kick-off for the game to go ahead. Hughes conceded his side were fortunate to come away with a point from a 1-1 draw after Chico Flores cancelled out Peter Crouch’s 17th -minute opener. The result means Stoke are now three points above the relegation zone with 12 games remaining, sitting in the middle of a group of 11 clubs who are all facing a fight to stay up. Hughes feels some Dubai sunshine will help as he said: “I think a lot of clubs are doing it at this time of year because as we all know, the weather is compromising a lot of things. “From our point of view, as a football club, it’s difficult at the training ground at the moment because the pitches aren’t in good condition and you can’t do the work you want to do. “At least we won’t have any issue in that regard (in Dubai). We will have a decent surface to get some quality work done and be ready for the challenges ahead of us.” Those challenges do not come any harder than the first two matches on Stoke’s return as they face Manchester City away and Arsenal at home. Press Association
SYDNEY (Reuters) – Australia’s players and the country’s governing body have been involved in discussions since Friday but have yet to reach an agreement on a new Memorandum of Understanding (MoU), the Australian Cricketers’ Association (ACA) said on Saturday.Australia’s “A” tour of South Africa has fallen victim to the drawn-out pay dispute with the squad deciding not to travel in the absence of a revised deal.With talks between the union and the governing body deadlocked, around 230 players were left effectively unemployed when the previous five-year agreement expired at the end of last month.“The ACA confirms that agreement has not been reached for a new MoU,” the union said in a statement with its Chief Executive Alistair Nicholson, calling for urgency in negotiations with the players already unemployed for two weeks.At the heart of the acrimonious dispute is Cricket Australia’s insistence that the two-decade-old model, under which players get a fixed percentage of revenue, should be jettisoned.Cricket Australia believes the revenue-share model is unfit for modern times and is starving grass-roots cricket of funding, while players say it has underpinned the game’s growth and prosperity over the past 20 years.The ACA, however, welcomed the latest round of talks, believing it has boosted hopes of an imminent resolution.“The increased involvement of CA CEO James Sutherland has been pleasing,” Nicholson said. “A better understanding has been established on both parties’ positions.”The senior Australia team is scheduled to play a two-Test series in Bangladesh in August and September, before a limited-overs tour in India and then the Ashes at home against England.